Our Mission at the Farmington Public Works Department is to work effectively and efficiently in serving the community and in collaboration with other departments, by contributing to the safety, health and quality of life of its citizens and visitors.
Major responsibilities of the Public Works Department:
- 120 miles of winter roads
- 90 miles of summer roads
- 9 miles of sidewalk maintenance and repairs
- General maintenance of the right of way – Pavement markings, sweeping, roadside mowing, curb repair, street signs, ditching, and pothole patching.
- Capital project support –Project management and cost estimating; as well as performing work not contracted like loam and grass seeding, final clean up, adjusting and installing culverts and drainage structures, sidewalk construction, and hand placed asphalt paving.
- Equipment maintenance and repair – Operation of the town garage, regular maintenance and repair of all fleet vehicles and equipment.
The Town of Farmington has a parking ban beginning November 15, 2020 until April 15, 2021 (See 12-3.13 of the Traffic Ordinance for more details). Click here to download the Traffic Ordinance. Click here to download the Public Works Winter Roads Plan.
Geographic Information Service (GIS)
The Town of Farmington's Geographic Information System (GIS) provides access to digital Tax Parcel data as well as other GIS data layers and ortho imagery. Click here to access the online link.
PUBLIC WORKS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
The Town of Farmington is accepting applications for the following positions: Full-time Truck Driver/Laborer, Part-time Sidewalk Plow Operator and Spare Plow Truck Operator. Class B Maine Driver’s License is required for Plow Truck Driver, and desirable for Sidewalk Plow Operator. Snow plowing experience is required. Applications are available at the Farmington Town Office and the Town of Farmington Website. The application period will remain open until the positions are filled. If you have any questions, please call Philip Hutchins at 778-2191. E.O.E.
Click here to download an application.