SPECIAL TOWN MEETING
The Select Board will hold a Special Town Meeting Tuesday, December 12, 2023 at 7:00 P.M. at the Community Center located at 127 Middle Street. Click here to view the Warrant. Click here to view the Draft Solar Energy Systems Performance Standards. Click here to view the Draft Licenses Ordinance.
There is one (1) opening for Select Board and two (2) openings for RSU #9 Board. Nomination papers are available from December 15, 2023 and must be returned by January 25, 2024. Click here for the Nomination Paper.
PLEASE USE A REGULAR BLACK OR BLUE BALLPOINT PEN. DO NOT USE A PENCIL.
All ballots that are mailed to you need to be returned, even if you do not cast a vote on the ballots.
PLEASE SIGN THE BACK OF YOUR ENVELOPE in black ink where it says, “Voter Signature”. We have highlighted the signature line on the envelope to assist you.
Your ballot must be returned in the envelope provided, and you MUST SEAL THE ENVELOPE before returning it.
You have multiple options for returning your voted ballot:
- You can bring it back to the Town Office during business hours. Please check to see if your signature is needed on the absentee ballot application before leaving. Give it to the Town Clerk.
- Place it in the secure drop box (available 24-hours a day) to the right of the Town Office entrance, or
- Mail it to the address already marked on the front of your envelope. If you mail your ballot, please make sure to use the current postage amount.
If you have any questions, please call the Town Office at (207) 778-6539.
Where do I vote?
All Farmington residents vote at the Farmington Community Center located at 127 Middle Street.
When can I vote?
Besides Election Day, Farmington voters can vote early, in-person, prior to an election.
Absentee Ballots can be requested by any of the following:
- Voter may call the Town Office at 778-6539
- Downloading this form, and put in drop box outside the Town Office or mail to the Town Clerk.
- Visit the Town Clerk’s office during regular business hours Monday - Friday 9 A.M. - 5 P.M.
- Order online at www.maine.gov
- Regular absentee ballots are available until 5:00 P.M. on the fourth business day prior to any election.
- After that, it's by special circumstances during the three business days including election day.
The dates and times will be posted prior to the election so that voters can plan accordingly.
Where can I register to vote?
Voter Registration is available for new voters or for existing Farmington voters to change their address or name as follows:
- Monday - Friday 9 A.M. - 5 P.M. at the the Town Clerks Office or on Election Day at the Farmington Community Center located at 127 Middle Street.
- New voters must bring proof of identity
- New voters to Farmington must bring proof of residency
2023 ANNUAL TOWN MEETING MINUTES